“Making lunch for all of my kids is a way for me to really show them that I love them,” says Good Housekeeping Style Director Lori Bergamotto. Her daughter Gemma joins her in the kitchen today to whip up some super easy family-friendly sandwiches: “Sara Lee bread makes it so easy. It’s super delicious; it’s really soft and really fluffy.” That’s why it’s the perfect choice for these 3 picky-eater-approved sandwiches.
Give the open-face Almond Butter-Raspberry Toast with Honey Drizzle a try on a hot summer weekend. Or, assemble the Salami Sandwiches for a lunch that’s great on the go. If you need to feed a crowd for a playdate, Pizza Paninis are the perfect meal to serve. (What kid doesn’t want to dunk their lunch?!) Taking their cue from Gemma, your kids are bound to exclaim, “I want you to make this lunch every single day!”
Almond Butter-Raspberry Toast with Honey Drizzle
- ¾ c. unsweetened almond butter
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread, toasted
- 2 cups raspberries (about 36 berries)
- ½ c. granola
- 4 tsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tsp. honey
- Heat almond butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl until warm and spreadable, stirring halfway through, about 1 minute.
- Spread warm almond butter on one side of each piece of toast. Arrange raspberries over almond butter and sprinkle with granola and coconut. Drizzle with honey and serve.
- 8 slices Sara Lee® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- ¼ c. yellow mustard
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 vine ripened tomato, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. deli thin sliced genoa salami (about 24 slices)
- ½ lb. deli thin slices havarti cheese (about 12 slices)
- Spread mayonnaise on half the slices of bread. Spread mustard on the other half of the slices of bread. Top the mayonnaise-spread slices with lettuce, tomato, salami, and cheese. Close the sandwich with the mustard-spread slices. Cut in half and serve
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Butter Bread
- 12 oz. deli thin slices mozzarella cheese (about 12 slices)
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni (about 32 slices)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce, warmed
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat (or preheat a panini press to medium-high heat) and spray with cooking spray. Arrange the mozzarella cheese on top of each slice of bread. Top half the cheese-covered slices with pepperoni and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Sandwich with remaining cheese-covered slices.
- Grill sandwiches, working in two batches, if necessary, pressing down with another pan and flipping once halfway through, until outside is golden and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. If using a panini press, close and cook 5 minutes total.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve with pizza sauce alongside.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
Source : Goodhousekeeping